Atlantic Broadband Brings Revolutionary TiVo® Unified Entertainment System to its Virginia Area Customers
Service offers a personalized, modern and simple-to-use viewing experience
Saluda, Va., October 31, 2018 – Atlantic Broadband, the nation’s 9th largest cable operator, today announced that it has launched TiVo’s new Unified Entertainment System in its Virginia service areas including Westmoreland, Warsaw, Tappahannock, Bowling Green, Colonial Beach, King George, Mathews, Northumberland, Saluda and surrounding communities.
The new entertainment platform features a modern user interface with intuitive navigation and enhanced functionality, hyper-personalized viewing recommendations and an easy-to-use remote, offering conversational voice control. The voice remote takes search and discovery to a new level, providing fast, highly-accurate results of searched-for programs, even when only part of a title or a keyword is spoken. This cutting-edge technology delivers tailored programming recommendations, so customers will be able to find what they want to watch quickly and easily.
Content also is searchable across multiple sources, including live TV, DVR recordings, Video On Demand and streaming apps, including Netflix, YouTube, HBO GO and MLB.TV. The new TiVo Entertainment System also allows customers to access content on multiple screens across TVs, smartphones, tablets and more, both in-home and on-the-go.
“The new experience is not only visually beautiful, but will transform the TV experience for our customers,” said Heather McCallion, Vice President of Products and Programming for Atlantic Broadband. “Sophisticated, advanced technology powers the new interface, but it’s amazingly simple to use and will make it easier for customers to find and enjoy the shows they love to watch. We are pleased to bring this major product enhancement to Atlantic Broadband’s markets as we continue to innovate on behalf of the customers we serve.”
Other notable features include:
- Tailored Recommendations – Gives customers personalized, real-time recommendations on what to watch.
- Powerful DVR Capability – Lets customers record up to six shows at once and store up to 1,000 of their favorite shows.
- Stream to Mobile – The TiVo platform allows customers to stream shows easily to tablets or smartphones.
- SmartBarTM – A new search feature connects customers to what they are most likely to watch at a given time of day or day of the week.
- My Shows List – Contains categories that help customers quickly locate their favorite shows and recordings. With this feature, customers can highlight a category such as “Kids” to view only kids’ shows. This can be personalized and saved for even easier browsing.
- QuickView™ – Gives customers a sneak-peak at their favorite channels, other tuners, the SmartBar or a mini-guide that lets customers browse the program guide one channel at a time – all without leaving full-screen TV.
“Atlantic Broadband is pleased to bring this new TV experience to our Virginia service areas,” said Scott Randall Vice President and General Manager, Maryland, Delaware and Virginia. “Our customers will appreciate how easy it is to use, including the new voice remote, which provides accurate search results, instantly. We’re very excited to roll it out across the region.”
In conjunction with the launch of TiVo Entertainment System, Atlantic Broadband has introduced a new Video On Demand platform that substantially increases the number of on-demand choices, while quickly and efficiently delivering the content to customers on the viewing device of their choice.
ABOUT ATLANTIC BROADBAND
Atlantic Broadband, a subsidiary of Cogeco Communications Inc. (TSX: CCA), is the 9th largest cable operator in the United States, based on the number of television service customers served. The company provides its residential and business customers with Internet, TV and Phone services in 11 states: Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Maine, Maryland, New Hampshire, New York, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Virginia and West Virginia. Atlantic Broadband is headquartered in Quincy, Massachusetts.
To learn more about Atlantic Broadband, please visit www.atlanticbb.com.
Diane Carragher, Matter Communications for Atlantic Broadband